11/05/2004

Notes from Work

Even though I'm off, my boss isn't. He never fails to do projects that require something from me when I'm not there.

This afternoon I got an email that read "Where the hell is your new job description?"

I called in and explained that I hadn't filed my job description in my personnel file yet because I was using it as a base to rough out a plan for my new Computer File Reorg project. The hard copy of the job description was, in fact, underneath the desk calendar on my computer desk. I told him if it wasn't there that he could call me back and I'd direct him to where it was on the network.

I gave my boss a few minutes to locate it, then emailed him a "did you find it?"

His reply:

Yea. Figures that the person in charge of file reorganization puts her's under her calendar. Elizabeth's and Sue's were in their files(what a strange concept that is).
I can't wait to see some of your other suggestions regarding improving our filing systems. Will punch details be kept under the fake tree in the lobby? Will Joan Smith's Employee file be under the Styrofoam cups in the supply room?


Smart Ass.