6/16/2004

The Story of the Shit and the Fan

There is absolutely no way that the next few months aren't going to be completely ugly and hellish.

One of the managers in my department has put in a two week notice, creating a great big gaping managerial sinkhole in her wake, and already it's starting. She's there until the first part of July, and already people are jockeying for position - Who's going to get her office? Who's going to get her furniture? Who's going to get her job? If for some reason they don't replace her position as-is and we just spread out the work, who will get more money? It's crazy. It's ugly. And no matter what happens, there will be bitter bitter ugly bitter feelings. I guarantee it.

I'm lucky in that I know nothing about her specialty, so I know that I'm not getting the job (see? I'm buying into this too!!! There IS no official "job" yet). But I seriously can't handle the stress and backbiting and the oh-so casual and nonchalant "I don't care what happens" lies.

The Fan has officially recogized the Shit. The Shit isn't quite organized enough yet to be heading in a particular direction, but the Fan is patient and will wait.