6/29/2004

Enter the Grand Chamber

Someway, somehow I have inherited the office of the woman who just left the company. The new office has a window (glorious sunlight!) and is twice the size of my old one.

If you live in a city and work in a cube farm, try to wrap your head around this: I'm making less than $23,000 a year and have an office most likely larger than your boss's office. Or her boss's office. I now have so much room I can do cartwheels beside my desk.

I don't necessarily deserve the new digs, and I do feel sort of guilty about the way it all shook down.

I know what's going to happen. The company is going to change it's mind about not replacing the woman who left, will hire a replacement, and I'll be out on my ear. In the meantime, I'm trying to make it my absolute goal to enjoy every second in the great big vast office.

I feel like a little kid playing dress-up.