7/27/2004

I cannot believe how many people feel the need to comment on the fact that I'm 36, never been married, and childless.
 
Even the few people who know about the VIM ask me if the relationship is headed toward marriage.  When I say I don't know, the next question is always, always the same - "Why not?  What's wrong?"
 
There is nothing wrong.  There is nothing wrong with me being 36, single, or childless.  There is not something missing in my life.  I do not feel incomplete.  I don't look at marriage as a goal to work toward in a relationship.  My goal is simply to be happy.  Not happy some day in the future...happy right now.  And I am. 
 
I'm way too busy enjoying the butterflies in my stomach I still get during my drive to the VIMs house. 
 
I'm too busy catching him look at me with "the look" in places where he shouldn't be looking at me with "the look."
 
I'm too busy snuggling and talking and laughing and being serious and watching and being watched and touching and being quiet and running around like idiots and sighing and asking questions and grinning and loving right now to worry about marriage.